The slaughter is on!(Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Royce da 5’9″) One of my favorite groups, put out there highly anticipated album Welcome To Our House with features from none other than one of hip hops hottest Dr. Dre products, Eminem (Our House, Throw That, Asylum). With other notable cameos with Busta Ryhmes (Coffin’), Cee Lo Green (My Life), Swizz Beatz (Throw It Away), The beautiful voice of Skylar Grey (Our House, Rescue Me), and last and certainly not the least B.o.B (Place To Be).
- Track 2. Our House (Feat. Eminem & Skylar Grey) <-Click for audio
- What really made this track stand out to me besides being the first LP, is Skylar Greys voice…it was perfect for this track, the perfect off set for each verse and the musicality was on point, I felt it stir emotion. This is considering that you listen to the lyrics. It doesn’t hurt that Eminem starts the track by making a powerful statement “I want to be the best that ever did it. Don’t know if that goal is feasible or it isn’t, but if it is then god if your listening please give me the strength to crush all competition. Can’t blame me for dreaming, im a dreamer and if im coming off brash please forgive me….but it’s all I want” This track pays homage to all of the best MC’s that did it, while comparing, and placing themselves on a level with some of the greats. Spilling their dedication and drive to be one of, if not the top in the hip-hop arena, with their sounds of words that welcome us into a story of their house, ultimately giving us the Slaughterhouse experience. In my own reflection it made me think of my aspirations and what the intro to my house would be like. This track is inspiring when you think about going hard in the paint for your own goals and dreams and being that non-deterent force that wont lose despite all the adversity and obstacles that will present itself as a wall in front of you along your journey.
- Track 3. Coffin’ (Feat Busta Ryhmes) <-Click for audio
- In this track you will hear why slaughterhouse is so fun to listen to! putting their metaphors and word play on display boasting verbal vernacular assassinations. The word play is on front display here insinuating how they our killing hip-hop with their unique style and skill set with words, honestly I thought this track was poetry in motion spoken word at its best. This track just reminds me of someone showing off because they know the origin of their talent. Its when embarrassing others becomes the fun part of hip-hop for listeners and followers, maybe not to all others considered competition or lack there of, a few artist just got bodied with this track taking the shots and hits. but shouldn’t be too wounded.
- Track 4. Throw That (Feat. Eminem) <-Click for audio
- This track has a hyptnotizing bass-line it hits really nice and its a strippers song. If you go to the club and you hear this joint right here…watch out because im telling you this song is saying everything that a man could think or want to say. Even though it has a stripper feel, as a male I tell you I would love to say this to all those teasing women out there lol just right out lets not play any games we know what its all about. This track is definitely not for the youngins but if your an adult and can appreciate explicit lyrics that spell it out plainly you will not dislike, its gritty, its nasty, and perhaps even a club banger due to the beat. I am not sure how the ladies would like it definitely not something to play in front of moms but I enjoyed the vulgar lyrics as it has played in out in some of my dreams and fantasies. Maybe this strokes the male ego a little to much but it is one of my faves on the album do to beat and vulgar explicities lol.
- Track 5. Hammer Dance <-Click for audio
- This track had to be mentioned just for its word play a definite listen! thats all I can say
- Any how folks this album was fun to listen too I just gave you a preview of the first 5 tracks take a listen and let me know what you think. This album is hip-hop poetry. Some of the subject matter may have been redundant if your not listening closely very lyrically insane wordplay phenomenal!